This removable SKF Fork Tube Scraper is constructed from a low friction & low wear material named X-ECOPUR and protects fork seals from being damaged by small debris and dried mud which are the real killer of oil seal’s lips. It is easily removable and doesn't require the fork tubes to be removed from the triple trees.
A Dust seal is designed to keep out liquids and tiny powder particles but in many riding circumstances liquid mud may have enough time to dry over the lower part of the chrome tube.
Think about when you ride muddy trails and pass through a fast section or you just stop few minutes to relax. The liquid mud left on the fork tubes has time to dry and harden. Your first landing or hard braking afterwards grates your fork seals down over the dirt particles. The dust seal is only designed to wipe and can't shift that kind of strong grit so you are likely to damage the delicate oil seal lip and start getting a leak. And it gets worse and worse the more you move up and down over the dirt section.
The Mud Scraper is designed to scrape! It will constantly clean your fork tubes by removing hard dried grit and leaves the dust seal to keep out water and fine powder.
- Best used only when riding in very wet mud
- Check for interference with your hole shot device where applicable
- Check for interference with non-OEM fork protection shields
- Fitted over the OEM outer tube steel wear rings (with the exception of WP forks). Make sure your steel wear rings are in good condition because otherwise the scrapers will be loose
- Should not be used in conjunction with other seal savers products
- Remove the SKF Mud Scraper after riding and properly clean with water