Terms Conditions & Policies
Welcome to our website!
Welcome to our website. If you continue to browse and use this website, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use. If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use our website, and CALL US instead.
In short, we do our best to make sure things are right, but we are only human and you should use your head.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Australia.
2. Shipping, Pricing and Currency Procedures
Due to the vastness of Australia, the local Shipping tables are complex. The amounts that are added to your order when the correct shipping is applied is the maximum price that you will be charged. We operate from western Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. We ship with several companies, meaning tracking, overnight deliveries, and other options are available for one but not another, definitions of "remote locations" differ, price bands for weight are different, and so on. If you are concerned about the cheapest possible price, quickest possible delivery or any other special requirements, please CONTACT US first to discuss possible options for your order. All overseas shipping is via Australia Post, and is available either regular or express.
- We do not charge for any workshop job until it is ready to ship.
- Backordered items that are non stock items are special orders. These are to be paid in full before ordering and cannot be cancelled or returned as our suppliers will not cancel our purchase orders. Once we order a product, we own it, once you place a backorder and pay for it, you own it. If we cannot supply within a reasonable timeframe we may refund at our discresion.
- We do our best to hold the prices listed, but due to overseas currency fluctuations and shipping fluctuations we reserve the right to change pricing at any time. If we do this for one of the products you have ordered, we will advise you of it, and we give you the option for a full refund.
- If we have zero stock of an item and we backorder it, and the supplier has discontinued the product, we are not liable to scour the ends of the earth to find the product for you. Sorry, it's rare, but it has happened. We will refund anything you have paid.
- For orders made from within Australia, Goods & Services Tax will be applied.
- If your item is not in stock and its a normally stocked item, you will be given the option to backorder it. This function is not available on the website, you need to call us. You will do have the option to cancel your order if you would rather not wait for the back orders to arrive for products we normally stock.
- If all the products are in stock, we will do our best to pack and ship your order within 24 hours (excluding weekends).
- For shipments inside Australia, and depending on the method of shipping, you will receive your order within 2-3 days (excluding weekends). We are happy to give you an estimated time of arrival for any parts, but due to wharfie strikes, communists, containers falling off ships and anything else we can’t control, we cannot absolutely guarantee it.
- We pride ourselves on our service and product knowledge, and if for some reason you are not satisfied, please CONTACT US directly so that we have an opportunity to rectify the situation as soon as possible.
3. MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
On suspension settings we offer a money back guarantee in the following format:
- The job is received with a SUSPENSION BOOKING FORM completely filled out, no exceptions.
- Price will either be determined before work commences at quoting stage or after disassembly (for suspension more than 3 years old). No sponsorship discounts. The money back guarantee is only valid if the customer agrees to all the work we suggest, i.e. if we recommend fork springs are required and customer ignores our recommendation, we cannot guarantee the suspension will work to his or her satisfaction.
- Customer has 30 days to contact us and inform us they are not satisfied with the performance of their completed suspension. We will give them advice over the phone and try to resolve the issues with external adjustment, e-mail information, over the phone advice and/or trackside service. If the customer is not satisfied the suspension must be returned to us within 30 days of initial invoice, with a new suspension booking form, outlining their problems and how it has changed since the initial problems. The customer pays the freight cost to and from our workshop.
- The customer then has an additional 30 days to alert us to any dissatisfaction with the revised settings. We will offer support as previously outlined.
- If the customer is still dissatisfied we will refund the initial invoice total in full after the suspension has been returned to us so we can return the settings to stock and reclaim our parts. Customer pays for the transport costs to and from our workshop.
4. All Other Work
We offer a 90 day warranty on all workshop labor:
We guarantee that for 3 months our work will not fail. However, the parts we fitted may wear out, and the vehicle may be subject to abuse and neglect. We have no control over these factors, so these parts are covered by their manufacturers warranties. Warranty outside of the initial 90 day period is up to the discretion of the Director.
- We offer a 90 day warranty on fork seals not leaking from the date of invoice.
- We offer a 12 month warranty on shock seals not leaking from the date of invoice.
5. Terms and Condition of Sale
The following terms and conditions of sale apply to all contracts for the sale of all Products (“the Products”) by Teknik Motorsport (hereafter referred to as “Teknik”) and its Customers (hereafter referred to as “the Customer”). The terms and conditions contained in any form, order or other writing of the customer, and which are at variance with or additional to these terms and conditions are not binding upon Teknik unless specifically accepted by Teknik in writing.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing, payment for products supplied shall be made in full by the Customer to Teknik without deduction or demand upon receipt of invoice and goods will not be dispatched until payment confirmation has been received. If payment terms have been agreed upon and the appropriate application completed, payment will instead be made within 30 days from date of invoice or by such other date as advised by Teknik. Any invoice for goods will also require the payment of sales tax (GST) unless and until the Customer establishes to the satisfaction of Teknik that the Customer enjoys current sales tax (GST) exempt status.
2. Default In Payment
If the Customer defaults in payment to Teknik, then:
(a) all monies owing by the Customer to Teknik shall become due and payable forthwith without demand; and
(b) Teknik may at its sole discretion suspend the provision of credit to the Customer until all amounts owing by the Customer have been paid in full.
(c) If the customer fails to make payment to Teknik when due, Teknik may charge interest on the amount(s) due and owing, from the date it becomes due until the date of payment at the annual percentage rate that is 4 points higher than the Reserve Bank cash rate that applied as at the date of invoice.
3. Delivery/ Pick Ups
Products supplied by Teknik to the Customer will be at the Customer’s risk upon possession of the Product passing to a courier, mail service or third party carrier, or delivery to the Customer or into Customer’s custody (whichever the sooner). The Customer must pay any cost to insure the Product once it leaves Teknik’s premises.
When the Customer chooses to arrange collection of products from Teknik at Tekniks’ premises it shall at be done so at their own expense and risk. As an alternative Teknik at its sole discretion may make a physical delivery of Products to the customer or to the customers business address, delivery being at the customer’s cost. The Customer shall be deemed to assume and shall be liable for loss or damage to Products from the time they are placed into any vehicle to transport them from Teknik premises.
Every reasonable effort will be made by Teknik to make delivery of Products on the date requested by the customer (if any), and Teknik ordinarily sends Products so that they can be received overnight if sent domestically, and makes all efforts to do so, however the Customer acknowledges that orders placed before 1pm (AEST/AEDT) will have the greatest chance of being shipped the same day the order is placed. If Teknik or its preferred forwarders, by any reason or circumstance including Teknik negligence or breach of duty, fails to deliver any Products, Teknik shall not be held liable to the Customer for any loss or damage which the customer may suffer.
4. Retention of Title
Title of the Products shall not pass to the Customer until and unless all monies due and payable by the Customer to Teknik for the invoice recording the sale and purchase of that Product have been paid in full.
Until such time as the sale price of the Product has been paid in full by the Customer, the Customer must store the Products at the Customer’s risk, in such a manner that they are readily distinguishable from other products owned by the Customer or other persons, and are clearly shown to be the property of Teknik.
The Customer may sell the Products in the ordinary course of its business and the proceeds of such a sale be held in trust for Teknik, in a separate manner or otherwise clearly identified in the books and records of the Customer.
The Customer shall permit Teknik to inspect the Products, and the records and books of the Customer to the extent that they relate to Teknik Products.
In the event that:
a) the Products are not paid for in full within terms and conditions of sale or any other agreement between Teknik and the Customer, or
b) the Customer receives notice of or reasonably believes that a third person may attempt to levy execution against the Products or;
c) the Customer makes or proposes to make an arrangement with its creditors, or is placed under official management, or a petition is presented, or an application filed for the winding up of the Customer, or the Customer ceases to trade, or the Customer (being a natural person) commits an act of bankruptcy,
then Teknik may at any time, without notice enter any premises owned or occupied by the Customer where Teknik believes the Products may be stored and repossess the Products without being liable for any damage caused, and subsequently take possession of the Products at its discretion. In the event that monies are recovered in full, the customer ceases to be liable to Teknik for payment for the products.
5. Warranties/ Returns
Teknik will not accept return of goods unless prior written approval has been given by Teknik in relation to same (see Teknik’s “Return Policy” and “Return Authorisation Form” for more information). Where such goods are returned those goods may be subject to a 15% restocking charge together with the cost of freight which shall be at the expense of the Customer. No such returns can be accepted unless Teknik’s “Return Authorisation Form” is completed prior to such return.
Where goods are under warranty, the Customer must obtain a Return Authority number (“RA” number) from Teknik before returning and clearly mark goods with same.
(a) Teknik warranty and serial number labels must be clearly attached, as their removal voids warranty.
(b) Unauthorized repair or upgrade voids warranty.
(c) Products returned for repair remain the property of the Customer. These Products will be processed by the relevant manufacturer or agent as soon as possible.
(d) Products deemed to be non-functioning on receipt by the Customer remain the liability of the Customer until returned and received by Teknik and must be returned within 7 days.
(e) Teknik will not be liable for any loss, whether material or not, of such goods.
6. Applicable Law
The Customer hereby consents to the jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, applying New South Wales and Commonwealth laws for any actions which may be instituted against it for recovery of any amounts owing to Teknik.
7. Provision of Credit
The provision of credit/the continued provision by Teknik to the Customer from time to time, shall be at the absolute discretion of Teknik. Teknik may:
(a) at its absolute discretion extend credit to the Customer; or
(b) at any time vary or cancel the credit facility available to the Customer without prior notice being given; or
(c) extend and/or continue to extend credit to the Customer, which may be subject to the provision of security in a form acceptable to Teknik, including registration of any Product on the PPSR (Personal Property and Securities Register).
No relaxation or indulgence granted by Teknik to the Customer shall be deemed as a waiver of any rights of Teknik in terms of this agreement.
In the event that any part of these terms and conditions shall be deemed invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such terms or conditions shall be severed from the remaining terms and conditions which shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted law.
1. DOMESTIC SHIPPING
Due to the vastness of Australia, the local Shipping tables are complex. The amounts that are added to your order when the correct shipping is applied is the maximum price that you will be charged. We operate from Western Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. We ship with several companies, meaning tracking, overnight deliveries, and other options are available for one but not another, definitions of "remote locations" differ, price bands for weight are different, and so on. If you are concerned about the cheapest possible price, quickest possible delivery or any other special requirements, please CONTACT US first to discuss possible options for your order.
Domestically we ship via:
- Australia Post - Regular Parcel
- Australia Post - Express Parcel
- TNT Express - Overnight Express
- TNT Express - Road Express
2. INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING
We ship internationally via Australia Post Airmail Express to most countries. If you are having problem with your international order and believe there is a miscalculation in your shipping cost, please CONTACT US.
Please note that some countries charge a value added tax (commonly known as VAT or GST), import duties and/or customs duties. These fees are not charged by us and are not our responsibility. Please do not contact us if you have been charged any of the above fees, they are out of our control. Rather, you may get in contact with your local government if you believe you have been charged unfairly.
If required, we may also ship via UPS
3. DELIVERY TIMES
Delivery times will vary depending on where you are and the freight method you choose. Please note, once the parcel is in the courier's hand we have no control over it and any delays are not our responsibility. Extreme weather conditions and large scale events can cause a delay in shipments.
- Australia Post - Regular Parcel - 4-7 Business Days
- Australia Post - Express Parcel - 2-5 Business Days
- TNT Express - Overnight Express - 1-2 Business Days
- TNT Express - Road Express - 2-3 Business Days
- Australia Post - Airmail Express - 5-20 Business Days
4. ORDER TRACKING
When your order is dispatched an invoice and tracking details will be sent to you via email. Alternatively, you can log in to your account and track the order there. It can take up to 24hrs from dispatch for the tracking information to become visible on the website. Please contact us if you have any issues.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
1. WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
2. WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- We take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you.
- Personal information may be stored both electronically on our computer system, and in hard-copy form.
- Firewalls, 2048 Bit v3 SSL encryption, passwords, anti-virus software and email filters act to protect all our electronic information.
- We do not store credit card information, we securely submit credit card information to our bank for processing.
- We will not sell, distribute, lease or disclose your personal information to third parties (unless we are required by law to do so).
- We may use your personal information to occasionally send you promotional information about our products and services which we think you may find interesting.
- Should you wish to have your personal information removed or updated, or you would like to stop receiving advertising please CONTACT US.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
5. CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by CONTACTING US.
We understand that sometimes you may need to return a product you have purchased from Teknik Motorsport Pty Ltd (hereafter referred to as “Teknik”) and to assist you, we have set out the Teknik Returns Policy below.
Our Returns Policy includes all rights you have under the Australian Consumer Law and other relevant laws. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law.
Generally, we will accept anything back that is normally kept in stock. If a product is sent in error, we will happily refund or replace for the correct product and pay for your return shipping if the order was placed online or by email. Suppling incorrect fitment details, incorrect years, mumbling and guessing is not our responsibility. We prefer written orders. If, however the product has been used, misused, isn’t faulty, or if you just change your mind, then Teknik reserves the right to reject the return but may choose to do so on a case by case basis.
Returns should be made within 7 days from the time of shipping. You should inspect the goods upon receipt and notify Teknik (time being of the essence) of any alleged defect, shortage in quantity, damage or failure to comply with the description of the quote, order or invoice.
2. WARRANTIES & FAULTY GOODS
If the product is faulty, we give you the manufacturer’s warranty. Electrical components like Vortex ignitions, for example, will be sent back to the factory for testing before warranty is discussed.
Where Goods are under warranty, the Customer must obtain a Return Authority number (“RA” number) from Teknik before returning and must be included with the Return Authorisation Form (See procedure below).
- Teknik warranty and serial number labels must be clearly attached, as their removal voids warranty.
- Unauthorized repair or upgrade voids warranty.
- Goods returned for repair remain the property of the Customer. These Goods will be processed by the relevant manufacturer or agent as soon as possible.
- Goods deemed to be non-functioning on receipt by the Customer must be returned to Teknik within 7 days from date of delivery and remain the liability of the Customer until returned and received by Teknik. If you believe the Goods are defective in any way Teknik must have the opportunity to inspect the Goods within a reasonable time following the delivery before processing a return or refund. If you fail to comply with these provisions the Goods shall be presumed to be free from any defect or damage.
- Where a failure does not amount to a major failure, Teknik Motorsport Pty Ltd is entitled to choose between providing you with a repair, replacement or other suitable remedy.
- Teknik will not be liable for any loss, whether material or not, of such goods.
3. RETURNS PROCEDURE
Returns will only be accepted when Teknik’s Return Authorisation Form is completed prior to such return and a Return Authority number (“RA” number) has been provided by Teknik. By submitting the form the return process has begun.
A return authorisation is not a credit note, and it is not an agreement for replacement or refund, this will be determined upon the receipt of your goods to Teknik.
Products must be in their original packaging, including instruction materials, and be in a saleable condition. Returns sent with damaged packaging will result in a 15% restocking fee.
The buyer is responsible for all freight costs except where special arrangements have been made or goods have been incorrectly supplied.
All returns must be sent to our workshop address (Unit 4/5 Harford Street, Penrith, NSW, 2750). We also accept returns in person during business hours.
4. SPECIAL ORDER RETURNS
We cannot accept returns for special orders. For example, TFX Suspension products, Yacugar Suspension products or approved bulk orders (if you order 50 shock springs for the Australian Army DRZ400’s, and then want to return them because the wrong size was ordered this is not our fault).
Teknik may (at their sole discretion) accept the return of Goods for credit but this may incur a handling or restocking fee of up to fifteen percent (15%) of the value of the returned Goods plus any freight costs.