We understand that sometimes you may need to return a product you have purchased from Teknik Motorsport Pty Ltd (hereafter referred to as “Teknik”) and to assist you, we have set out the Teknik Returns Policy below.
Our Returns Policy includes all rights you have under the Australian Consumer Law and other relevant laws. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law.
Generally, we will accept anything back that is normally kept in stock. If a product is sent in error, we will happily refund or replace for the correct product and pay for your return shipping if the order was placed online or by email. Suppling incorrect fitment details, incorrect years, mumbling and guessing is not our responsibility. We prefer written orders. If, however the product has been used, misused, isn’t faulty, or if you just change your mind, then Teknik reserves the right to reject the return but may choose to do so on a case by case basis.
Returns should be made within 7 days from the time of shipping. You should inspect the goods upon receipt and notify Teknik (time being of the essence) of any alleged defect, shortage in quantity, damage or failure to comply with the description of the quote, order or invoice.
2. WARRANTIES & FAULTY GOODS
If the product is faulty, we give you the manufacturer’s warranty. Electrical components like Vortex ignitions, for example, will be sent back to the factory for testing before warranty is discussed.
Where Goods are under warranty, the Customer must obtain a Return Authority number (“RA” number) from Teknik before returning and must be included with the Return Authorisation Form (See procedure below).
- Teknik warranty and serial number labels must be clearly attached, as their removal voids warranty.
- Unauthorized repair or upgrade voids warranty.
- Goods returned for repair remain the property of the Customer. These Goods will be processed by the relevant manufacturer or agent as soon as possible.
- Goods deemed to be non-functioning on receipt by the Customer must be returned to Teknik within 7 days from date of delivery and remain the liability of the Customer until returned and received by Teknik. If you believe the Goods are defective in any way Teknik must have the opportunity to inspect the Goods within a reasonable time following the delivery before processing a return or refund. If you fail to comply with these provisions the Goods shall be presumed to be free from any defect or damage.
- Where a failure does not amount to a major failure, Teknik Motorsport Pty Ltd is entitled to choose between providing you with a repair, replacement or other suitable remedy.
- Teknik will not be liable for any loss, whether material or not, of such goods.
3. RETURNS PROCEDURE
Returns will only be accepted when Teknik’s Return Authorisation Form is completed prior to such return and a Return Authority number (“RA” number) has been provided by Teknik. By submitting the form the return process has begun.
A return authorisation is not a credit note, and it is not an agreement for replacement or refund, this will be determined upon the receipt of your goods to Teknik.
Products must be in their original packaging, including instruction materials, and be in a saleable condition. Returns sent with damaged packaging will result in a 15% restocking fee.
The buyer is responsible for all freight costs except where special arrangements have been made or goods have been incorrectly supplied.
All returns must be sent to our workshop address (Unit 4/5 Harford Street, Penrith, NSW, 2750). We also accept returns in person during business hours.
4. SPECIAL ORDER RETURNS
We cannot accept returns for special orders. For example, TFX Suspension products, Yacugar Suspension products or approved bulk orders (if you order 50 shock springs for the Australian Army DRZ400’s, and then want to return them because the wrong size was ordered this is not our fault).
Teknik may (at their sole discretion) accept the return of Goods for credit but this may incur a handling or restocking fee of up to fifteen percent (15%) of the value of the returned Goods plus any freight costs.